AMIE Exam Details:-
The AMIE examinations are conducted in every June and December.
A student can appear examination in a center anywhere in India or abroad. But a candidate is not allowed to appear in more than 4 subjects at a time. If he fails in one subject, he can appear the same subject again till he completely passes that subject.
Those who wish to appear for examination must apply in the prescribed format at the time mentioned below. When a student clears all subjects in both sections A and B he is said to have passed A.M.I.E examination and becomes a qualified graduate engineer.
AMIE Exam Pattern
The AMIE examination conducted by IEI Kolkata, the pattern of AMIE exam divided into 2 parts which are Section A and Section B.
Section A and B examination of AMIE held twice in a year, mostly in the month of June and in December and known as also summer and winter examination respectively.
Section A Exam Pattern
- AMIE section A exam is basically common for all those students who want make their future in Engineering with AMIE degree.
- There are separate examinations for diploma holder and non- diploma holders.
- For diploma holders only 4 papers in section A and for non – diploma holders 10 papers in section a examinations.
Section B Exam Pattern
- After completed section A of AMIE candidate has to complete a project work within a year.
- On the basis of professional competence report, students can appear for the section B exams.
- Section B have 9 papers in which 6 are compulsory 3 are optional which you have to choose from 3 out of 5 from rest three optional group.
- After Section A of AMIE students can choose particular engineering program.
Who can apply for Exam
All members (Technicain/Senior Technician/Associate etc) of Institution having valid membership number are eligible for appearing the AMIE examination. If you are waiting for membership after submitting application form, then you cannot apply before getting your membership number
However, if you got your membership number and waiting for ID card, you are also eligible for applying. You will need to produce the ID card at the exam hall only.
How to apply for exam
The application for examination can be submitted online or offline (by post).
To Download Examination Application Form:-"Click Here"